How To Turn Your Android Phone Into a Webcam For PC
Posted on April 16, 2020
I already have an inbuilt Laptop webcam then why use a smartphone as a webcam? If you limit the usage of a webcam only for chatting, then it may be enough for you, but for sharing some outdoor moments, to watch your baby from another room, to use your smartphone as a spy cam. it’s a great idea to use your Android phone as a webcam. Thanks to the great Android applications which makes this task easy.
While the laptops or all-in-one PCs already come equipped with fairly good cameras, the desktop users out there still require a great webcam. With our Guide to use Your Phone As Webcam for pc to fit your needs, whether you’re a content creator, a YouTuber or simply a remote worker who needs to be in touch with your team.
Things to consider to make your webcam recording awesome
Now that you know how to use your webcam for recording, here are a few things to consider when creating your awesome video:
Tilt your webcam so that it’s at eye level and your viewers don’t have to look up at you. Position yourself in front of a solid color wall or hang a sheet behind you so your viewers aren’t distracted by a busy background.
Stick to the Rule of Thirds or position yourself in the center of the frame; you can check your position by hovering your mouse over the webcam view in your recording toolbar. Also, refrain from quick movements during your screencast so you don’t draw away from your content.
Make sure to focus on your video lighting. If you record near a window, avoid recording in front of it. Position yourself next to the window or facing the window. This way, you won’t be washed out or become a silhouette.
If you’re using the webcam built into your computer, the webcam will default to the computer’s system audio which may not be the best quality. Use an external microphone for the clearest audio.
Check to make sure that Camtasia is recording your audio input from the correct source. Then, test your external microphone before you start recording your voice over.
Most external webcams have a microphone built-in; however, it would probably be safest to check the quality of the microphone. Also, make sure to turn on the webcam function in your recording toolbar before you start to record.
How to Use DroidCam App to Make your Android Camera as a Desktop Webcam and make video calls
- Step 1: Go to Google Play Store using your Android phone and install the ‘DroidCam’ App
- Step 2: Now go to official DroidCam website (Dev47Apps) and download the Client Installer according to your Operating System (it supports the both Windows and Linux).
- Step 3: Once downloaded, install the DroidCam client on your Computer like any other normal software.
- Step 4: Now connect your Android phone to the computer using USB cable. And then on the phone, go to ‘Developers Options’ enable it, and then enable the ‘USB debugging’ mode (just check-mark the ‘USB debugging’ option under ‘Developers Options’).
- Step 5: Open the DroidCam App on your phone, and then in the app settings select the ‘rear camera’ or ‘front camera’ according to your need.
- Step 6: Now open the newly installed DroidCam Client app on your computer (the shortcut will be on your desktop, after completing the installation).
- Step 7: Select the 2nd option “USB” from the top left icons in the client app user interface. If you want to use the phone audio, then select the ‘Audio option’ too (Video option is already selected by default).
- Step 8: Now click on ‘Start’, and a CMD window will be opened for a few seconds.
- Step 9: After a couple of seconds you can see the android phone camera on your computer.
- Now you can check it on any video calling app like Skype, Google Hangouts etc. These apps will automatically detect and select the webcam from DroidCam source. If it is not detected, you can select it from the settings of that particular video calling app.